Maire McCarthy - Founder and Director
A Project and Creative Events Manager, Maire has a breadth of skills and knowledge gained from a diversity of experience in the creative and social enterprise and business and education sector. She founded Maire McCarthy Projects in 2000 and since then has continued to build a significant client list and portfolio of work.
With experiences developed over three decades, she can bring her expertise to your organisation including:
- Creative Events & Festival planning, programming and delivery (drama, music, film, literature, visual art)
- Conference and workshops project management and delivery, particularly in the SE/Vol com. sector
- Experience of running a major regional entertainment venue
- Close experience planning arts education projects and involving communities
- Budgetary Control and Finance management
- Diplomacy & negotiation skills
- A confident and hands on approach to Production and Event Management
- Practical working knowledge of licensing and health and safety issues
- Strategic approach to Project Evaluation
- A sensibility to understand both artistic and social policy concepts
- Marketing and Fundraising
Kristy has over 10 years’ experience of event management and has spent the past 8 years providing social businesses with project management and practical support to help them achieve their goals.
She started her career as an event coordinator at Destination Sheffield and from there she went on to help set up Regen School - the community based school of regeneration - becoming Executive Director in 2005. Here she provided project management support to hundreds of social enterprises as well as managing the learning programme and organising training events, residential conferences and award ceremonies.
Kirsty established Swift Realisation in 2008 in order to offer rapid action project management support to socially-driven businesses. Projects range from new project development, working with businesses to increase profitability, to training and events to bring people together and develop resources.
Sara is an independent Arts Project Manager, with a particular passion and flair for bringing artists and audiences together, Sara is an arts professional with over 20 years experience of delivering successful projects. She was for several years creative programmer and manager of Sheffield International Concert Season and is director of Galvanize Sheffield, the prestigious Festival of Contemporary Metal.
Her expertise ranges from festival planning (design, music, film, literature) to community engagement, fund raising, evaluation, PR & marketing and creative imagining. Sara invests in good relationships with clients and audiences to craft outstanding outcomes with meaningful results.
Maire McCarthy Projects has developed good links and working relationships with a huge range of creative practitioners, promoters and industry professionals and can bring in partners as required to help deliver your project, including experienced Project and Event Managers, creative programmers, artists and marketing consultants and event running staff. We have also built up a portfolio of a whole range of specialist contractors who we can call on to make your event run smoothly, including sound and lighting, staging, communications, set building and prop making, marquee and furniture hire, web design, print and design, event dressing.